Thursday 31 May 2012

Make With Me- Sundried Tomato Pasta

Today is my 'baby' sisters 17th birthday...so in her honour, this weeks recipe is...

Sundried Tomato Pasta

The finished product!


Ingredients:
  • Pasta of choice
  • Garlic- either gloves crushed or powder/seasoning
  • Basil
  • Cayenne pepper
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Olive oil
  • Sundried tomatoes
  • SEE NOTES

To Make:
  • In a container, cover the bottom with olive oil
  • Add sundried tomatoes
  • Cover the container in parm cheese and garlic
  • Add roughly two shakes of basil and cayenne pepper
  • Seal container and shake, mixing the ingredients
  • Let sit for at least 20 minutes
  • Cook pasta as directed on the package
  • Strain pasta and add sundried tomato mixture
  • Enjoy!

Notes:
  1. This recipe is from my sister. She made it one night for dinner and I just HAD to make it again.
  2. The amount of each ingredient used will depend on how many people you are serving. 
  3. My sister says the longer you let the sundried tomato mix sit, the better. She recommends at least 20 minutes. 
  4. I don't particularly like sundried tomato, so I just put in a very small handful.
  5. I didn't have any basil so I used parsley.
  6. I have this really great Italian herb and parm cheese seasoning, which is what I used in place of just plain parm cheese. I did have to add more parm cheese while I was eating it, but I also really like having parm on my pasta!
  7. Any kind of pepper can be used in place of cayenne pepper.
  8. I used fettuccine pasta, as it's my favourite, but my sister used fusilli pasta.


1 comment: